The objective of the Jr. Warrior program is to provide a highly competitive and supportive environment where players of all age groups can maximize the development of their individual athletic skills to a National and International level of prominence.
The successful Warrior must possess integrity, strength of character and a strong work ethic in order to realize the full benefits of the Warrior development program.
The player development program objectives are achieved through an expansive and intensive practice and player training regimen under the direction and supervision of the dedicated full-time staff of highly respected professionals.
The emphasis of the program, which currently operates out of three Warrior-owned rinks, has been, and will continue to be, individual skill development. The program is structured to allow each skater to develop and test their skills in high-level Regional, National and International competition.
The Program Structure:
- Team Practices: Practices are used to reinforce the basic skill sessions and to coordinate the systems used for team play. These practices are conducted by the coaching staff of each team, consisting of some of the finest and most qualified coaches in the area and under the supervision of the full-time Warrior professional staff.
- Skills Sessions and Power Skating Sessions: Throughout the season, the emphasis on skating and skill development continues on a weekly basis. These sessions are conducted by the full-time Valley Jr Warrior staff, and all Warrior players are required to participate.
- Strength Training: Our Warrior Training Systems Strength & Conditioning program is designed to enhance any aspect of our player's on and off-season game through a proven, trusted series of exercises focused on Foam Rolling, Flexibility & Mobility, Strength Training and Conditioning. Taking advantage of our 2-3X weekly program ensures players are playing for peak performance.
- Goaltending Training: Beginning with the 2012-2013 season, Stop It Goaltending has handled all of goaltending training for the Valley Jr Warriors program. Under the watchful eye of president and founder Brian Daccord, the Warriors players enjoy a system - second to none - that develops youth netminders in an environment where they are challenged yet have fun at the same time.
- Outstanding Competition: Warrior teams host and compete in the top Northeast as well as Elite level National and International tournaments:
- Elite-level National and International Tournaments
- Spring League: To allow skaters an opportunity to get to know each other in a low-key, less intense environment.
- Training Camp: A week-long pre-season training camp is used to begin furthering skill development through the introduction and practice of individual drills. The camp is also where basic hockey systems that will be used throughout the season are introduced. The camp is run by members of the Warriors professional staff, including college coaches from the New England area.
The Valley Jr. Warrior programs and teams have set a standard of excellence by winning more than 40 State Championship titles at all levels while representing Mass Hockey as state champions at multiple national USA Hockey Championships. The Warriors have, in ten years, placed more than 100 alumni in various Division I and Division III college programs.
The Jr. Warrior program continues to lead the way in player development. We are proud of our players, our teams and our accomplishments together. The Valley Jr. Warrior program supports teams at all levels and we look forward to more exciting seasons and enhanced player development.